Last Modified: April 1, 2020
- Personal computers may be any brand, running a modern operating system that still receives security updates. Be sure the computer can run software used for work (e.g., Microsoft Office).
- The computer must be equipped with virus protection and firewall software, which needs to be installed and running prior to connecting the laptop computer to the MSU network.
- MSU does not recommend students rely on tablet devices (e.g., iPad), mobile phones, or netbook computers (e.g., Chromebooks) as their primary computer due to software limitations.
- All persons that utilize MSU resources such as network, campus labs, etc., are expected to abide by the MSU Acceptable Use Policy.
- For a full list of computer requirements, visit: https://go.msu.edu/comreq.